JORI is a client-focused, relationship-based company that understands our client’s transportation and Customs Brokerage needs. Since 1992, our mission has been to provide the highest level of expertise and service to our customers as they move their goods down the block, across the continent, or worldwide. We’re proud of our track record. Our client relationships, some of which are as old as we are, have grown to include some of Canada’s foremost importers and exporters.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to fill this full-time position in our Freight Department. The successful candidate will be high energy, creative, and solution-oriented. This job opening is not a cookie-cutter operational position, the candidate will be expected to be resourceful, be willing to contribute ideas, and effectively communicate with JORI colleagues from all departments to provide the best service possible to our clients.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments
- Coordinate and set up North American ground freight for LTL, FTL, and some overseas courier
- Provide quotes on various modes of transportation (LTL, FTL, and overseas courier)
- Coordination with Customs both on North and Southbound shipments.
- Manage import LCL and Airport deliveries to inland destinations
- Manage import ocean container drayage to final destinations
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers
- Customer Service- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Must have strong organizational skills to be able to efficiently manage a high multi-mode file count and be able to prioritize duties to complete all daily tasks.
- Transportation knowledge of various methods for moving goods by ground and courier including the relative costs and benefits
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Teams, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to complete tasks in an effective and efficient manner
- Self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years experience in logistics, primarily truck freight for both LTL and FTL.
- Experience in oversize or out of gauge freight a definite asset.
- Cargowise experience an asset