CUSTOMS BROKER CSR
JORI is a client-focused, relationship-based company that understands our client’s Customs Brokerage and transportation needs. Since 1992, our mission has been to provide the highest level of expertise and service to our customers as they move their goods down the block, across the continent or around the world. We’re proud of our track record. Our client relationships, some of which are as old as we are, have grown to include some of Canada’s foremost importers and exporters.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to fill this full-time position in our Customs Brokerage Department. The ideal candidate will have a willingness to grow, learn, work hard, and enjoys a fast-paced, professional, and dynamic work environment. We want a candidate that understands our business and continually works to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations while maintaining professionalism, a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and integrity. This posting is Canada wide and we are open to remote team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver Exceptional Customer Service Pre-entry requirements, Review documents and prioritize, create customs entry (LVS / HVS)
- Ensure customer profiles are updated and current for assigned accounts
- Maintain and develop a positive relationship with assigned accounts through proactive communication and providing timely and accurate information.
- Compile and prepare commercial regulatory documents such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents for entry processing.
- Help create Customs forms and obtain Customs release of shipments.
- Calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments.
- Pay, or arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments.
- Coordinate and confirm release and delivery of all cargo.
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, Windows, e-mail, and various PC based software
- Willingness to learn and develop Industry skills
- Ability to complete tasks in an effective and efficient manner
- Self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and with high keying accuracy
- Deductive reasoning and critical problem-solving skill
- Cargowise experience an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School or equivalent post-secondary
- CCS Designation or interest in completing