SENIOR CUSTOMS BROKER
JORI is a client-focused, relationship-based company that understands our client’s Customs Brokerage and transportation needs. Since 1992, our mission has been to provide the highest level of expertise and service to our customers as they move their goods down the block, across the continent or around the world. We’re proud of our track record. Our client relationships, some of which are as old as we are, have grown to include some of Canada’s foremost importers and exporters.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to fill this full-time position in our Customs Brokerage Department. The ideal candidate enjoys continuous learning, teaching/mentoring other team members, and enjoys a fast-paced, professional, and dynamic work environment. We want a candidate that understands our business and continually works to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations while maintaining professionalism, a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and integrity. This position is a Canada-wide opportunity as we are open to remote team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver exceptional Customer Service pre-entry requirements, review documents and prioritize, create customs entry (LVS / HVS)
- Work closely with clients to answer questions related to shipments, offer suggestions/options, and support them in submitting declarations in a timely manner. Alert clients on new compliance or regulatory issues.
- Excellent grasp of tariff classification, OGD requirements, permits, amendments, NAFTAs, etc.
- Maintain and develop a positive relationship with assigned accounts through pro-active communication, by providing timely and accurate information.
- Compile and prepare commercial regulatory documents such as customs invoices, certificates of origin, and cargo-control documents for entry processing.
- Help create Customs forms and obtain Customs release of shipments.
- Calculate duty and tariff payments owed on shipments and arrange for payment of, taxes and duties on shipments.
- Coordinate and confirm release and delivery of all cargo.
- Maintain working knowledge of both current and pending Customs and other agency regulations and policies including CARM.
- Create material for the in-house team and client training.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with word processing, spreadsheets, Windows, e-mail, and various PC based software
- Ability to complete tasks in an effective and efficient manner
- Self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented and with high keying accuracy
- Deductive reasoning and critical problem-solving skill
- Cargowise experience an asset
- Leadership or supervisory skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree or college Diploma with Customs / logistics is preferred; however, equivalent professional work experience with Customs Brokerage focus will be considered.
- CCS Designation
- Professional Designation an asset