JORI is a client-focused, relationship-based company that understands our client’s transportation and Customs brokerage needs. Since 1992, our mission has been to provide the highest level of expertise and service to our customers as they move their goods down the block, across the continent, or around the world. We’re proud of our track record. Our client relationships, some of which are as old as we are, have grown to include some of Canada’s foremost importers and exporters.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to fill this full-time position in our USA Freight Department. The successful candidate will be high-energy, creative, and solution-oriented. This job opening is not a cookie-cutter operational position, the candidate will be expected to be resourceful, be willing to contribute ideas, and effectively communicate with JORI colleagues from all departments to provide the best service possible to our clients. Our freight department is still in the development stage so this candidate will be responsible for helping create new processes, and procedures and develop and build carrier relations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Inform clients of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments
- Coordinate and set up North American ground freight for LTL, FTL, and some overseas courier
- Coordinates and set up international shipments for air/ocean import/export including but not limited to liaising between client and carrier, preparing required documentation and setting up insurance.
- Coordination with Customs both on North and Southbound shipments.
- Manage import LCL and Airport deliveries to inland destinations
- Manage import ocean container drayage to final destinations
- Prepare shipping documentation, such as bills of lading, packing lists, dock receipts, or certificates of origin.
- Provide shipment status notification to exporters, consignees, or insurers
- Must have strong organizational skills to efficiently manage a high multi-mode file count and prioritize duties to complete tasks successfully.
- Attention to detail
- Transportation knowledge of various methods for moving goods by ground and courier including the relative costs and benefits
- Knowledge of INCO terms
- Knowledge of Marine insurance
- Excellent Verbal & Written Communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, MS Teams, Excel, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated and comfortable working autonomously in a fast-paced environment
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Post Secondary related training
- 5 years of industry experience
- IATA DG Certified
- IMO DG Certified
- TDG Certified and asset
- Notary Republic
- Experience with Cargowise